FilingCabinets Office and Home Seating Ranges
Home and Office Chairs and taking the complexity out of buying
We have choosen a range of office chairs that we hope will suit the home office environment
Please think about the following things when choosing a chair:
How long will you be using the home office chair for?
- Intermitently for less than 2 hours a day
- More frequent or moderate working between 2 to 4 hours a day
- All the time more than 4 hours a day - You may want to also look at sit stand desks so you are not sitting all day
- fit for the intended purpose, enabling you to move freely and carry out tasks comfortably and efficiently
- able to accommodate everyone who intends to use it, regardless of size or shape
- supportive of your body in a number of comfortable postures
- suited to your workstation, especially the height of the table or desk and the layout of the equipment on it.
The longer you’re using the chair, the more adjustable features you’ll need. All the adjustments should be within easy reach and you should be able to operate them, while seated, with minimal effort. Lumbar support is essential if you’re going to use the chair for long periods.
Will anyone else be using your chair?
If you share your working space the other person may be quite different to you in height, weight and build, then you’ll need a chair which easily adjusts for each of you, and has height-adjustable lumbar suppport
Working in an office typically involves spending a great deal of time sitting in an office chair - a position that adds stress to the structures in the spine. Therefore, to avoid developing or compounding back problems, it's important to have an office chair that's ergonomic and that supports the lower back and promotes good posture.
What Kind of Ergonomic Office Chair is Best?
There are many types of ergonomic chairs available for use in the office. No one type of office chair is necessarily the best, but there are some things that are very important to look for in a good ergonomic office chair. These things will allow the individual user to make the chair work well for his or her specific needs.
This article will examine the traditional office chair, as well as alternatives that can be used as an office chair that may be preferable for some people with back problems.
What Features Should a Good Ergonomic Office Chair Possess?
In first considering the "conventional" style of office chair, there are a number of things an ergonomic chair should have, including:
- Seat height. Office chair seat height should be easily adjustable. A pneumatic adjustment lever is the easiest way to do this. A seat height that ranges from about 16 to 21 inches off the floor should work for most people. This allows the user to have his or her feet flat on the floor, with thighs horizontal and arms even with the height of the desk.
- Seat width and depth. The seat should have enough width and depth to support any user comfortably. Usually 17-20 inches wide is the standard. The depth (from front to back of the seat) needs to be enough so that the user can sit with his or her back against the backrest of the ergonomic office chair while leaving approximately 2 to 4 inches between the back of the knees and the seat of the chair. The forward or backward tilt of the seat should be adjustable.
- Lumbar support. Lower back support in an ergonomic chair is very important. The lumbar spine has an inward curve, and sitting for long periods without support for this curve tends to lead to slouching (which flattens the natural curve) and strains the structures in the lower spine. An ergonomic chair should have a lumbar adjustment (both height and depth) so each user can get the proper fit to support the inward curve of the lower back.
- Backrest. The backrest of an ergonomic office chair should be 12 to 19 inches wide. If the backrest is separate from the seat, it should be adjustable in height and angle. It should be able to support the natural curve of the spine, again with special attention paid to proper support of the lumbar region. If the office chair has the seat and backrest together as one piece, the backrest should be adjustable in forward and back angles, with a locking mechanism to secure it from going too far backward once the user has determined the appropriate angle.
- Seat material. The material on the office chair seat and back should have enough padding to be comfortable to sit on for extended periods of time. Having a cloth fabric that breathes is preferable to a harder surface.
- Armrests. Office chair armrests should be adjustable. They should allow the user's arms to rest comfortably and shoulders to be relaxed. The elbows and lower arms should rest lightly, and the forearm should not be on the armrest while typing.
- Swivel. Any conventional style or ergonomic chair should easily rotate so the user can reach different areas of his or her desk without straining.
Dynamic Office Solutions
Dynamic office seating are a British young, enthusiastic team and have more than a century of experience in customer service and office interiors. Their expertise in office seating and furniture enables them to offer one of the largest and best product portfolios in the UK - at affordable
The motto is ‘Make It Happen’ and proudly promote a ‘can do’ attitude throughout the company, from the bottom to the top.
Filing cabinets work with the best supplier sin the UK to bring customers the best experience when buying furniture. We are not the traditional dealer but a company that cares and listens.
Start to finish Dynamic is a responsive and high quality business.
From product design and conception to delivery to your door Dynamic offers the best standards of quality assurance with rigorous testing and certification procedures for our products, manufactured using modern production techniques and quality materials
They are continually evolving, growing, always striving to improve the products, systems and service for you and work hand in hand with customers and value feedback. Dynamic is proud to offer a great range of attractive, purposeful and quality office seating and furniture that spans a
wide spectrum of categories including:-
• Contract furniture and storage
• Boardroom furniture
• Evolve Bench system seating
• Impulse furniture
• Mesh office chairs
• Executive office seating
• Task office chairs
• Operator office seating
• Visitor and boardroom office chairs
• Soft seating
Take some time to look at the ergonomic range of chiropractor approved chairs which are endorsed by the qualified chiropractor Dr Robert Bateman.
The service we offier is scond to none with some ites on next day delivery but most items delivered within 3 to 5 days You can have your chair fully assembled and hand checked in the specialist production facility. This gives the end-user a “Good2Go” There is an additional charge of £25.00 to have your chair assembled.
The range of office and home office chirs is vast and if you do not see the style you like please contact us as there are more solutions available. We also provide a comprehensive delivery
and installation service for out furniture that includes removal of all packaging and large volume discounts are available
We hope you choose one of our chairs and look forward to servicing your requirements in the near future.