ebonium ltd is the registered name of our business and FilingCabinets is the online name for our website
Please note that all our specific product images are digitally watermarked and any un-authorised use of our images will be tracked and un-authrorised use will be subject to a charge .
If you require an image please contact us
CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY
The supply of goods by ebonium limited ("the seller") shall be subject to and conditional upon acceptance of the following terms and conditions which shall apply notwithstanding any purported waiver, expressed or implied, by or on behalf of the seller. Where there is any conflict between these conditions and any proposed by the buyer of the goods ("the buyer") these terms and conditions shall apply. Any condition which the buyer wishes to apply on any supply of goods must be specifically agreed in writing by the seller.
- PASSING OF PROPERTY The risk in the goods supplied shall pass to the buyer on delivery into the buyer's possession or to the carrier or place of delivery nominated by the buyer and the seller shall be under no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage occurring thereafter.
- VALUE ADDED TAX All prices quoted by the seller are exclusive of VAT which shall be charged on invoices at the rate in force. The tax status of the buyer shall be a matter between the buyer and the appropriate tax authority.
- SPECIFICATION Where products are manufactured or adapted to the buyer's own specification, the seller accepts no responsibility as regards the fitness for purpose of the products so supplied, and those goods are not returnable for credit without the specific prior written agreement of the seller. Please check with us for exact product dimensions as some conversions of data may be incorrect and the manufacturer reserves the right to amend product specification and dimensions from time to time.
- TITLE Notwithstanding condition 1, the title of goods supplied and the equitable ownership shall remain with the seller until full payment has been received by the seller for all monies due in respect of the goods supplied.
- PRICES All prices quoted by the seller are subject to alteration without notice unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by the seller or stated expressly in the form of tender issued by the buyer.
- DAMAGE OR LOSS OF GOODS IN TRANSIT Responsibility for damage to or loss of goods in transit prior to the passing of the risk in the goods will only be accepted by the seller if the buyer notifies the seller within two working days of delivery in the case of damage or within two working days from the date of receipt of invoice in the case of loss or non-delivery. Claims for shortages or damage will not be accepted after a clear receipt has been given to the seller or the seller's agent (delivery company). If goods are not examined the responsibility for the issue will be borne by the buyer. If delivery sheets or documents presented to the buyer are signed "unexamined" and any damage or shortage discovered after examination of the goods and notified in writing to the seller within two working days after delivery, Bisley Direct reserve the right to refuse any claim. The onus is on the buyer to check the product upon receipt. This is why we use a two man service.
- PAYMENT Unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing between the seller and the buyer, where the goods are supplied on credit, payment is due thirty days from the date of the seller's invoice. Failure on the part of the buyer to pay the seller's invoices in the time stated may result in the seller taking appropriate action to recover the debt, or suspension of the buyer's authority to purchase goods or services from the seller, or a claim from the seller being pursued to recover such interest at 10% above base rate as issued by the Bank of England per month on the outstanding debt as may be appropriate, or any or all of the aforementioned courses of action as the seller feels appropriate.
- DELIVERY The seller accepts no liability for any loss, damages or expenses arising from the late delivery of goods by the seller, its agents or its agents' carriers due to any cause whatsoever. Any delivery time or date for despatch or delivery date which the seller may specify is accordingly an estimate only and thus should not be relied upon. The seller will however, seek to achieve delivery dates specified as far as it is within its power to do so. Should you have a particular delivery requirement please enquire before placing your order. An additional charge may be levied for deliveries within a specified timeframe, e.g. 13:00 to 17:00. We deliver to all of mainland UK postcodes. However, we do not deliver to some parts of Scotland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly, Northern Ireland or PO Box addresses. Deliveries to Scotland may be longer than the stated lead times.
- ALTERNATIVE PRODUCTS The seller reserves the right, should circumstance dictate, to supply a product of a specification that differs from that detailed in the catalogue. In such cases every effort would be made to supply a product of at least the same quality and amended dimensions.
- GENERAL In general, any dealings which the seller may enter into, including any contracts for the supply of goods which may subsequently be entered into, with other parties including buyers shall be contracted by the conditions 1 to 9 above mentioned. In addition, the seller will ensure that no condition which the buyer may seek to impose on any subsequent contract between buyer and seller conflicts with any of the previous conditions under which the seller operates. Should such conflicts be discovered subsequent to the commencement of a contract then the seller reserves the right to terminate without further notice any such agreement, in which case the seller will have no liability in respect of any losses or damage or expenses arising there from.
- All deliveries of online orders from the Filing Cabinets website are bound by the terms stated on our delivery information page. You can read our delivery information page by clicking here. By accepting our terms & conditions you are acknowledging that you have read our delivery information page and accept the delivery terms.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that there is adequate access and egress for products during delivery or collection. ebonium reserve the right to invoice for products where access is not posisble and the customer will be invoiced for products where access cannot be made. Standard delivery charges for failure is £70.00 per item.
- All refunds/returns of online orders from the Filing Cabinets website are bound by the terms stated on our refunds/returns information page. You can read our refunds/returns information page by clicking here. By accepting our terms & conditions you are acknowledging that you have read our refunds/returns information page and accept the delivery terms.
Should you wish to cancel your order we will of course try and help.
- For Products stocked we can cancel orders 48 hours before delivery
- For Stocked items that are cancelled on the day or day before delivery there will be a delivery charge applied for cancelling of £55.00
- For products cancelled on delivery there is a minimum cancellation fee of £70, we do this to cover the cost of delivery and return with our delivery service
- For made to order items (none stocked items that have a 28 day lead time) there will be a cancellation charge of 50% of the value of the item 7 -14 days after the initial order date (this allows for a cooling off period for the customer)
- For cancellations 15 days from order date there will be a cancellation charge of 70% of the order value.
- Made to order (28 day lead time) orders cancelled after delivery are non refundable
- The reason we have to do this is that we want you to make sure the product is correct for you and due to the huge choice of products we cannot stock all colours and options.
Terms and Conditions as of January 2020